Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Return of the Sweez'

Hello everybody!!! Sorry that this is about... oh, I don't know... 2 months late. I've been crazy busy with homework and a cappella and unnecessary reading assignments and figuring out what in the world to do with my life. You know, the usual. So flash forward to now, and it's Holiday Dinner night at Shelton Dining Hall!! Hoooray!!! It was decorated soo festively and made me want to go home even sooner. Now that my week is essentially done, I have study period from Saturday through Thursday, when my first two finals are. Then I have another measly final on Saturday and I'm ready to Amtrak it on out of here!
Since the pictures that I post today weren't taken specifically for the blog, the quality is suuuuper low and lame, so I'm sorry for that :\ First off, the Holiday Dinner!
How cute, right??
SO that was delicious and wonderful. There was even a cheese bar!!!! That's right, folks. There was also some sort of chicken and sirloin and tons of gingerbread :) It's holiday time and I'm sooo excited!!!

To digress from the magic of winter, here are some pictures that I took while I was at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) two months ago to tide you over until I find something cool to post for tomorrow...
The grand entry staircase
There was a fashion exhibit going on at the time, which meant that random mannequins were all over the museum sporting some form of 20th century frock. The dresses were pretty cool, but my friend and I were not able to look around the entire museum, because we got there at 4 (thank you, MBTA), and the MFA closes at 5.
Another huge exhibit was a bunch of ancient Asian artwork and sculptures. There were tons of Buddhas in one alcove that was very poorly lit and pretty creepy, but I took a picture of one, just for you. 
Pretty cool, eh?
Apart from the Buddhas, there were tons of scrolls and ancient poetry and paintings. The exhibit was actually huge and it took us a good portion of 45 minutes to walk through it all (and then figure out how to escape). As we caroused the more modern sections, we saw a really cool wall (aka giant artwork) that was right across from the gift shop. 
Whaaat!? Chairs on the wallllllsss!!!!
Okay -- make that "chairs and purses covered in tiny pieces of mirror"
That's cool, MFA. I can roll with that. 
Then, as we were perusing the gift shop in search of, I don't know, sweet gifts(?), the lights started shutting off and we were quickly ushered to the nearest exit and thrown out in the pouring rain. Not cool, MFA. Not cool. 
Anywho, that's all the pictures I really have, which is super lame and I'm so sorry that I missed fall completely. I'm such a bad blogger, guys. I promise that I will make an effort to bring you only the best of what goes on here in the life of B-Sweez', so keep your eyes and ears peeled! (But don't forget to wear hats and scarves and mittens because it is getting SOOO cold in Beantown :((( booo!) 

P.S. I'm probably going to end up re-doing the whole blog thing this coming week because it's study period and I'll be procrastinating at one point or another. Plus, let's face it, Bay State Road looks exactly the same all the way down it, sooo I'll be trying to incorporate some things that don't necessarily stick to the theme. Or maybe I'll change the theme. Don't read this, I'm rambling. Well, yeah. I'm going to go watch Keyboard Cat a few thousand more times because it is quite obviously the best meme in the entire world. 
Kay love bye!! :3